Looking for some ways to keep yourself entertained on those days stuck indoors? Here are 5 creative arts and crafts that you can do at home. We’d love to know how you get on, tag your posts with #champsboardcrafts on Twitter or Instagram to show us!
Cardboard Pirate Ship
What could look better sitting on your window sill or swinging from your ceiling than an awesome hand-made pirate ship? If you’re feeling especially creative you could even swab the decks with paint afterwards.
To make the cardboard pirate ship you’ll need:
- Some Newspaper
- An Egg Carton (take the eggs out first!)
- Some String or wool
- PVA Glue
- A Hot Glue gun or you could try Super Glue instead
- Some Scissors
- A Pencil (to roll the newspaper)
Origami Phone Stand
With a scrap of A4 paper and a few spare minutes you can harness the ancient art of origami to make a modern phone stand. Take this design to the next level by decorating it with your own design.
To make the origami phone stand you’ll need:
- An A4 sheet of paper (any colour you like)
- Some colouring pencils or paint (optional)
In just 5 minutes you can design your very own marble maze. A challenge that will help your mind and your coordination. Take this project up a level by decorating your maze to match your style.
To make your very own Marble Maze you’ll need:
- Some Marbles (You could make some from blue tack if you haven’t got any lying around)
- Some cardboard
- A Knife
- A Hot Glue Gun (You could try Super Glue instead)
- A Ruler
- A Marker Pen or Pencil
With all that extra time indoors have you found yourself staring at the walls more than usual? This beautiful craft project will help spice up those dull walls and give you something creative to show off to your mates.
To make your Wall Hanging you’ll need:
- Some Coloured Paper
- PVA Glue
- Some String or Wool
Cupcakes are possibly the yummiest food on the planet. Did you know they are also really easy to make? Here’s how…
To make cupcakes you will need:
- 150g (2/3 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 150g (2/3 Cup) Caster Sugar
- 150g (1 and 1/5 cup) Self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder